Are you a fellow Type B Teacher? I recently started a second instagram account called @TeacherTroubles where I’m meme-ifying all those things you always thought were “just you”. These memes all come from that account, so make sure to follow me on instagram if you like this post. (There’s also a Teacher Troubles Facebook page!)
34 signs you might be a Type B Teacher:
- You basically never have a working marker. Sure, you could develop a system to periodically check the status of the markers. Sure, you could make “marker checker” one of your classroom jobs. Sure, you could throw away the markers that don’t work immediately. OR! You could just put it down in the exact same spot and do the exact same thing the next day.
2. Your typical weekend looks a little something like this….
3. You make a lot of resolutions in August to be more organized.
4. You know when to choose your battles, and when to adjust accordingly.
5. You’ve admitted defeat in the war against the pencils.
6. You don’t always make your copies weeks ahead of time, but when you do…they’re often the wrong ones.
7. Dude….where’s my phone?
8. You go hard with the copy quota at the beginning of the year, and figure you’ll probably “be fine”.
9. Getting everything done before school is an Olympic sport….and you don’t always medal.
10. Your time management skills are….let’s just say you have other strengths.
11. You know that appearances can be deceiving – a teacher’s effectiveness isn’t measured in bulletin board quality.
12. This is your story and you’re sticking to it…
13. No matter how long you’ve been teaching, nothing ever takes as much or as little time as you thought it would.
14. You “get” your students.
15. You’re still fighting that pencil war…
16. You have a million things going on at any given time.
17. Amazing learning happens in your classroom….but it’s often molting.
18. Your car is overflowing with junk.
19. Your Pinterest-inspired projects never seem to turn out like the pictures.
20. Comfort trumps style.
21. This happens pretty much every week…
22. If making illegal copies was a jail-able offense, you’d be facing a life sentence.
23. You’re pretty sure there must be some mistake….report cards are due AGAIN?!
24. You’ve never been there….but you imagine it’s magical.
25. You don’t have time for chit-chat during prep. How is Shirley done with everything???
26. You’re not a fan of pants that button.
27. You never remember to bring a back-up outfit.
28. You’re the queen of rolling with the punches and adapt quickly. The only thing that would shock you is if things DID go exactly according to plan.
29. You’ve been there…
30. You lost your to-do list, so you’re not suuuuuuper sure you didn’t have something crucial to accomplish today.
31. Falling asleep at appropriate times is a challenge.
32. You’ve pretty much given up on trying to change the calendar numbers on time.
33. You aren’t 100% sure what color your desk is.
34. But this is what you typically find inside and on top of it….